One of the FEW....
Baltimore Maryland Plant - 50th Anniversary
Rebirth: Site of former Western Electric plant has been transformed through the years.
By Howard K. Marcus / World-Herald staff writer
Please click here or on the image for further information about an article published in the Sunday issue of the Omaha World Herald... a lot of history explained. Sure glad Omaha people remember this expansive site from 1956 - 2011 under many names.
Information provide as an idea/information to share with former employees and out of town former employees who worked at this facility and remember the location. Permission has not been released to this site, yet provided as a source of further information. To get the whole article, buy the paper or get a copy of the Sunday World Herald. This site administrator wishes to share information and takes no credit for this fine work about or former place of employment.
Thank you Mr. Marcus for keeping the plant and it's 50 years of history alive. We at one time were a very LARGE employer in Omaha and Nebraska.
Looks like the original architect/ builder of this plant in 1956 took it back....in 2015 - Kiewit
They used to supervise in the Cross-Bar building 30...and now are famous actors/sisters of the local stage arena.
Read more about these sisters from the former manufacturing facility who were our own:
Camille Moten and
Lanette Moore story...
Click on image for more information from the Omaha World Herald story on January 12, 2014 Sunday issue.
- History - Written Brief
- External OLD news links
- Just for FUN
- All Corporation News - history
- Deaths and Websites policy
- PLANT 2015/2016 LARGE >
BLOOD DRIVE & Luncheons
- People - Staff - Employees >
- Bell Ringers
- Booklets - LOTS of GREAT info. >
- Products/Services we manufactured
- Lucent Retirees Org.
- Corporate Product Literature
- Videos = Local/Comedy/Special, AT&T TechChannel
- Newsprint Headlines = Corp/Local >
- AT&T FOCUS Magazine
- Lucent Magazines >
- WARTS Retiree Golf Schedule
- Retirees: Monthly mtgs. = FOOD and EVENTS
- Groups: Non-eating, Others, notices of... etc.)
- Plants of "AT&T'"
- MA BELL everything 1863-1983 >
- Video, History facts, people, other plants, plant managers, etc. >
- Names/People still working
- WEOMA Club 1991 Jan/May - and 92 and other years -2004
- 50 -60's
- 70 (3 or 4?)
- 80 (10) and 81-90
- 90 (5)
- 2000 (3)
- 2001 (2)
- Former Employees - Now even more sucessful
- Odds and Ends (Phones/tubes, etc.)
- Photos of a 15 year anniversry
- Photographs # of photos MAXED out, try next OLD page
- More old Photographs
- Photos. - Nov. 2015/ May 2016
- 50 building 2004
- Emp. Involvement EW&C
- Videos /Still = plant/corporate
- Union Paper - 1960-1979 Internal/External Publications
Sales of Land/Equip/New Owners, etc
- Do This FIRST if NEEDED ?
- Phone Books/Company - Internal
- Business Card Page
- iPad PDF files
- Old News Home
- LINKS - Millard/Phone Collectors/Videos
- 35th Aniv. items
- Reel Yard 1959 +
- 40th Anniversary
- Avaya news clippings
- 40 Building/Boiler House/Trades
- TPR Engineers
- Trades Emp.?
- Construction of 1956 +
- Engineers of 1990's
- AQT Teams
- West End new construction
- Older article scans
- AT&T Encore-RETIRED
- Aerial - Helicopter
- Avaya NEWS